Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:26:01 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Kip Macy <kip.macy@gmail.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling =?unknown-8bit?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>, EchoB <echobinary@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XEN and ZFS Status?

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 11:15:47AM -0800, Kip Macy wrote:
> This has been sufficient for quite a few people to get up and running.
> I think Scott's irritation may stem from the fact that reality
> contradicts your statements.

Funny - from what I've seen on IRC scottl has had quite a bit of trouble
getting it running (saying up to what 6am trying to get it working) and
then having to ask you personally questions on why he couldn't get it
working.

It also seems from what I've seen much work is still ahead.  That
reality really is you have a cool technology demo - but as DES says - Xen
is not supported.  Can I file PRs against Xen and expect to have the
reported problem fixed?

I do like what you're doing - I really do.  But I think its a disservice
to users to create an expectation that a mer mortal can get it up and
running from the bits in Perforce without a lot of effort.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)