Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:28:57 -0400
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        "Bret J. Esquivel" <besquivel@immense.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FW: /usr parition is empty!

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 03:54:32PM -0500, Bret J. Esquivel wrote:

> [...]

Well, I wonder if it once was too full and so they moved it somewhere
and either intended but failed to make a link or somehow the link
got overwritten so it can't find the stuff.

In otherwords, all the files and directory structure had been
moved somewhere and there should be a link to it of the sort:
  ln -s /some/other/place /usr
but the link is missing.

If so, you just need to find out where it got put and
make the link for it.

Just one guess,

////jerry