Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 15:45:26 +0200
From:      Mirror Beastie <rudi@askas.co.za>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   help in configuring staroffice3.1 on freebsd 2.22.6R

hi
my setup is
FreeBSD 2.2.6 Release on a dx4100 (20 mb ram)
The kernel is fairly standard
X is 3.3.2
linux lib version is 2.4
linux support is enabled in rc.conf

I downloaded and installed staroffice3.1 via the ports collection

when i attempt to run one of the links from /usr/local/bin/ i get
<hostname># /usr/local/StarOffice-3.1/srun
  User Install required before srun can be run, please wait...
  Can't find initialisation script /usr/home/root/.sd.sh, User Install
must be
  completed before srun can be run.

What is this User Install -? I see all the script files in
/usr/local/StarOffice-3.1/
but now am lost
any ideas how to get this up ?

another question - i often get this message under X
"Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background"
what does this mean ?

tia
rudi