Date:      Tue, 28 May 1996 11:01:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Bill Crosbie <crosbie@AESOP.RUTGERS.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS version question

On Tue, 28 May 1996, Bill Crosbie wrote:

> I'm still getting the same error.  Pity.  Would be handy to have a pdf
> version of the document around.  Maybe I'll just do a quick and dirty
> version of the ascii text with a full text catalog of the contents.  That
> would be a start.

Hmm... I may just have try out a new version of dvips.  My TeX
installation is of mid 1993 vintage (yes, ancient 386BSD binaries
still alive and kicking!) and dvips has gone through many
versions since then.

Does anyone listening have a more recent version of dvips than
5.521a?  If so, would they be willing to give it a whirl and see
if Bill can squeeze a pdf file out of it?   The thought of trying
to upgrade my TeX installation gives me the shiwers...

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================