Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:52:14 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        alexandr@hawk.pearson.udel.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Possibility?

>But OpenBSD does:

I believe they picked that up from NetBSD.  NetBSD has a quirk that
says "Ignore mode sense failures."  Since these drives supposedly
don't support the page the sd driver is looking at, this quiets
things up.  It would be interesting to know if there isn't some
other standard page that these drives do support that we should
use instead or look at when a failure occurs.  I'll have to go
browse the SCSI-II spec.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations