Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 23:35:05 +0930 (CST)
From:      Gregory D Lewis <glewis@maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        bruno@dune-concept.com (Bruno Robquin)
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk1.1.7_ELF_V99-3-25 installation problem

Hi Bruno,

> I'm running FreeBSD 3.1 and trying to install jdk1.1.7_ELF_V99-3-25 and
> ld-elf.so.1 library.
> When installed, every program just dumps core.
> Thanks for the help!

Well, I'd suggest first reinstalling the original ld-elf.so.1 so your programs
are working... :).  Then (I presume you installed the ld-elf.so.1 as per
the web pages and that this is causing you grief and you don't want to go
back to it) your choices are:

1) If you have installed the comaptibility aout libraries you could just try
   using the aout JDK.  If you have these libraries then the only real issue
   is JNI (you'll need to compile shared libraries you want to interface with
   using the -aout flag).
2) Move entirely to 3.1-STABLE and you'll have a working ld-elf.so.1 for use
   with the JDK.

Others on the list may be able to provide some better suggestions, those are
all I can think of at the moment.

--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis@maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide