Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 23:39:13 -0400
From:      Wes Baehr <wbaehr@mac.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Boot floopies

I created the 2 boot floppies (kern.flp, and mfsroot.flp) on my FreeBSD box
using dd, in hopes on starting them on my Packard Bell to use an FTP install
to my current FreeBSD computer because that computer has no CD-Rom.
The kern.flp boots fine, but after trying to load the MFS Root floppy, i get
these messages:

lpr0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driver port
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
ad0: 2014MB <ST32122A> [4092/16/63] at ata0-master using BIOSPIO
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
md0: raw partition size != slice size
md0: start 0, end 1855, size 1856
md0c: start 0, end 5759, size 5760
md0: truncating raw partition
md0: rejecting partition in BSD label: it isn't entirely within the slice
md0: start 0, end 1855, size 1856
md0c: start 0, end 5759, size 5760
spec_getpages:(#md/2) I/O read failure: (error=22) bp 0xc169a868 vp
0xc3637ec0
                size: 4096, resid: "", a_count: "", valid: 0x0
                mread: 0, reqpage: 0, pindex: 410, pcount: 1
vm_fault: pager read error, pid 1 (swapper)
init died (signal 6, exit 0)
panic: Going nowhere without my init!

syncing disks...
done
Uptime: 2s
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the the console to abort
--> Press a key on the console to reboot <--

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Wes Baehr-
wbaehr@mac.com