Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:56:24 +1100
From:      Carey Nairn <C.Nairn@dpac.tas.gov.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem with squid

Hi guys,

I have been having some difficulties with squid-1.1.20 (and earlier
versions) which have had little response from the squid-users mailing list.
 The situation is as follows:

I have a FreeBSD-2.2.5 box connected via PPP to a provider.  The BSD box
runs mail, http and squid for a small office of about 4-6 Win95 machines.
Squid is configured to use the ISP's squid cache as a parent.  When
accessing cgi URL's I consistently get the following error:

(114) Operation already in progress.

If the win95 machines configure the proxies in their browsers to look
directly at the ISP's squid, the requests always succeed.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

cheers
Carey Nairn
Carey Nairn              		Mailto:C.Nairn@dpac.tas.gov.au
Information Systems Branch           	Phone:  (03) 6233 2976
Dept of Premier & Cabinet              	Fax:    (03) 6224 3174
GPO Box 123b Hobart, Tasmania 7001
AUSTRALIA