Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:38:23 +1000
From:      Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@theinternet.com.au>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv, G450, & DGA anyone?

+-------[ Randall Hopper ]----------------------
| Jamie Bowden:
|  |It fails for me, but here's output in case you're interested.  Did I see
|  |somone in this thread mention using fxtv fullscreen?
|  |
|  |FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE, XF86 4.0.3, Geforce2 GTS yeilds the following:
|  |
|  |Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DGA" missing on display ":0.0".
|  |XF86DGA{QueryVersion,QueryDirectVideo}() failed

[snip]

| by tweaking your XF86Config.  In particular, make sure this isn't there:
|
|    SubSection  "extmod"
|       Option "omit xfree86-dga"
|    EndSubSection

I've also noticed with things (particularly xawtv), that if DISPLAY is
localhost:0.0 it is a lot happier, than if display is simply :0.0.
So if you're sure you've got DGA enabled, and it's still not being detected,
try changing your DISPLAY to localhost:0.0 to see if that makes a difference.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |