Date:      Tue,  3 Aug 2010 10:38:17 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Stef Walter <stef-list@memberwebs.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   segfault  after recvmsg in 32-bit jail running on 64-bit kernel

I'm running older 32-bit jails on a new 64-bit kernels for some clients.
Ran into a problem with certain applications that use recvmsg (in this
case clamd from security/clamav port).

recvmsg() uses struct msghdr for in/out data. However in many cases the
msg_controllen is not properly set after calling recvmsg() from from a
32-bit process running on a 64-bit kernel.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up in case anyone runs into the same
issue.

PR filed with details, patch and test program to reproduce problem:

Cheers,

Stef

PS: I'm travelling and this computer is not receiving email from the
list, so please include me on any responses to this thread.