Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:06:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
To:        dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: regexp program

> The regexp program (I dont use any at this time), may want to signal
> the isdnd/route/natd new information. If this is the case,
> It can't run as nobody.

Same goes for the ip-up/ip-down scripts, which are run by the same
internal mechanism in isdnd. They are useless if not run as root.

Probably the easiest one-size-fits-all solution is to specify the
user a script should be running as in isdnd.rc?

> first, is there any reason i4b must runs as root, instead as an
> dedicated user? It might be possible, all i4b devices could be
> owned by this users.

It needs privileges to become root to run the scripts ;-)
It may run as any other user most of the time.

Martin