Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 11:48:17 -0800
From:      Justin C.Walker <justin@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD TCP/IP relation to Mac OS/X?

On Wednesday, December 26, 2001, at 11:37 , George V. Neville-Neil wrote:

>> I can comment from the Mac OS X perspective...
>
> Thanks!
>
> And one last question:
>
> Did these changes make it back into FreeBSD?

The short answer is 'no'.

The longer answer is that noone has had the time or interest to do
this.  Now that I'm (hrm) between engagements, I may have some free time
to take a look at it, but as I indicated, the media layer changes are
significant.  A lot of what is in FreeBSD now has not been ported to
Darwin (dummynet, ...), so it's a fair amount of work.  Unless there is
a strong interest in it, the best that could happen, I think, is that it
sits in the ports section, gathering dust...

Regards,

Justin

--
/~\ The ASCII           Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-at-Large
\ / Ribbon Campaign