Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 2010 01:37:49 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        freebsd-vendors@freebsd.org
Cc:        postmaster@freebsd.org

David Wolfskill wrote:
> lack of activity.
>
> If no valid reasons for retaining the list are expressed to
> <postmaster@freebsd.org> by 09 Nov 2010, the list is subject to
> deactivation at any point on or after 10 Nov 2010.
>
> Once that happens, new messages for the list will not be accepted.
>
> Archives of the list will remain available, though folks may need
> to be a bit creative in navigating some of the archives maintained
> by the FreeBSD project to get to no-longer-current lists.  (The
> easiest way is probably to access archives by date from
> <http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/>.)
>
> If you have any concerns about this, please express them as clearly
> as possible to <postmaster@freebsd.org> as soon as possible.  Please
> note that Reply-To has been set on this message for your convenience.
>
> Peace,
> david   (current hat: postmaster@freebsd.org)
> --
> David H. Wolfskill				david@catwhisker.org

Hi David & all,
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-vendors/
Last real post:
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-vendors/2007-August/date.html
	http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-vendors/2007-August/000029.html
that better belonged on another list, & since then spam.

Rather than/ before zapping it,
should we first consider broadening current definition ?
	Coordination between the release engineers and vendors
	developing FreeBSD-based products.

Maybe one might boil down & add some ideas from some of this:
	While a normal tech. discussion list is terminated if not
	busy; & an announce list is low traffic; perhaps in its
	nature vendors@ should expect to be very low traffic, yet
	still be retained ? Both for eg major/minor lib  versus
	kernel & release issues, but also as a list of quiet people
	who have in the past mastered CDs &/or DVDs &/or emebdded/
	bundled on to hardware or systems &/or may in future, & who
	have already &/or stand ready to consider infrequent/ obscure
	often more business/ licensing/ bundling type questions
	etc, of less interest or business experience to mainstream
	FreeBSD people ?

	( Though, long `bike shed' discussions about licensing can
	  periodically occure on practically any open source list,
	  & while many have views, & many write, not all views are
	  equally interesting, & some business oriented enquirers
	  may prefer fewer responses from others who are more likely
	  business oriented )

	vendors@ is perhaps an asset when switching into suit mode to
	present BSD to businesses ?

vendors@ is referenced on both FreeBSD.org pages & elsewhere,
	http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=vendors%40freebsd&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
    Mail plain text;  Not HTML, quoted-printable & base 64 spam formats.