Date:      20 Apr 2002 14:28:11 -0300
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Daniel Auman <dauman@pcsinconline.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp compiled with DES for MPPE?

--=-M5DDkzOfThzsDush/Feu

On Sat, 2002-04-20 at 02:23, Daniel Auman wrote:
> Does the ppp program that comes with the base FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE system=20
> have DES for MPPE compiled in?  If not can anybody point me to a tutorial=
,=20
> or give directions how to do it?=20

Not sure.  If you run ldd /usr/sbin/ppp, do you see it linked against
libcrypto?  I know everytime I make world, I end up with a MPPE-capable
ppp since I have all the crypto source on my machine.

If you want to enable MPPE, make sure your machine has the crypto libs
and sources installed (i.e. /usr/src/secure exists), then recompile ppp.

Joe

>=20
> Thanks,=20
>=20