Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 05:37:28 +0000
From:      Paul Bone <paul@q-exports.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No boot menu and crashes.

Hello.

I have a Super Micro P3TDE6 Motherboard in a custom system, with an IN-Win chassis
and SCA hot swap SCSI backplane.

When I go to install freebsd and boot of the Install/Setup disks or cdrom, I am not
presented with the kernel boot menu.  I beleive that this is a problem.  Also oce
booted and the sysinstall proggie launchs I find that the system completely locks
up.  usually during when it says Probing Hardware...  But once after it had
displayed the menu.

I removed all the hardware that I could to try and find out what was causing the
problem.  this was to no avail.  Also memtest86 has not found any ram issues.

Any help resolving these issues would be great.

Thanks

Paul Bone.