Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:56:27 -0700
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question about newpcm

Since there seems to be quite a flurry of messages revolving around the
newpcm driver (using it in 4.0-STABLE myself, AWE64 ISA) I was wondering,
my AWE64 supports 3D Stereo Enhancement (at least, I can toggle it on my
Wintendo) and I was reading somewhere in my travels that it's simply a
register you toggle on and off for the soundcard (as I recall).

I've noticed as I've been reading messages on the freebsd-* mailinglists
I'm suscribed to, some of the dmesg's I've seen from other FreeBSD
user's soundcards support this feature, is it planned (or even
possible) for the AWE64? Or is it just Creative's drivers that do
this? This also reminds me, how about Full Duplex operation? I was
planning to install Roger Wilco (there's a BSD binary for it) and it'd be
nice to have full-dupe voice communication.

(here's my relevant dmesg info:)

sbc0: <Creative SB AWE64> at port 0x220-0x22f,0x330-0x331,0x388-0x38b
irq 5 drq 1,5 on isa0
sbc0: setting card to irq 5, drq 1, 5
pcm0: <SB DSP 4.16> on sbc0
joy0: <Generic PnP Joystick> at port 0x200-0x207 on isa0
unknown0: <WaveTable> at port 0x620-0x623 on isa0

(Yes, I know the Wavetable isn't supported yet.)