Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 13:47:02 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ARRGH Netscape stinks!

Mike Meyer wrote:

> Shannon <shannon@widomaker.com> types:
> > CERT is very correct in recommend these be disabled. Unfortunately there
> > are some sites I use often that require it. It would be nice if you
> > could turn scripting off for all but specific sites.

Really, this isn't a Netscape problem so much as it is a problem
with the dorks who coded the webpage. HTML has the <NOSCRIPT> tag
to allow content for browsers that don't understand JavaScript.
The fact that most website designers don't care isn't Netscape's
fault.
Personally, I always send a complaint to the webmaster of a site
if it doesn't display usefully when I have plugins missing/options
disabled. I figured if everyone who was annoyed by this complained,
things would change a bit.

-Bill

--
It may be that true happiness is nothing more than the ability to *always*
know the right thing to say at the right time,  whereas true misery is the