Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:13:40 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   orinoco and 4.4RC

I'm using a pair of orinoco silver cards. One in a PCI bridge card in a
desktop machine, the
other in my laptop.  Both are running recent Stable release

Both cards report fine via wicontrol and with the recent release ifconfig
even gives interesting information about the cards.  Still I cannot get
them to talk together.  Both cards are configured as shown below, except
the laptop has Create IBSS set to 0.

    NIC serial number:                      [ 01UT17362526 ]
    Station name:                           [ fedde ]
    SSID for IBSS creation:                 [ Fedde ]
    Current netname (SSID):                 [ Fedde ]
    Desired netname (SSID):                 [ Fedde ]
    Current BSSID:                          [ 02:02:2d:29:22:52 ]
    Channel list:                           [ 2047 ]
    IBSS channel:                           [ 10 ]
    Current channel:                        [ 10 ]
    Comms quality/signal/noise:             [ 0 27 27 ]
    Promiscuous mode:                       [ Off ]
    Port type (1=BSS, 3=ad-hoc):            [ 1 ]
    MAC address:                            [ 00:02:2d:29:22:52 ]
    TX rate (selection):                    [ 3 ]
    TX rate (actual speed):                 [ 2 ]
    RTS/CTS handshake threshold:            [ 2347 ]
    Create IBSS:                            [ On ]
    Access point density:                   [ 1 ]
    Power Mgmt (1=on, 0=off):               [ 0 ]
    Max sleep time:                         [ 0 ]
    WEP encryption:                         [ On ]
    TX encryption key:                      [ 1 ]
    Encryption keys:                        [  ][  ][  ][  ]

I've taken both cards to the office where we have a macintosh
airport based system and I link up just fine there.   Does anyone
have a clue for me?

Thanks

--
    Chris Fedde