Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 13:41:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        allynh@avsi.com (Allyn Hardyck)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scsi and scsiformat

Allyn Hardyck writes:

> I'm running FreeBSD 2.0.  I'm trying to format a SCSI disk.
> Disklabel and newfs don't want to deal with it.  I kept seeing
> references to "scsi" and "scsiformat" commands, but they didn't
> exist on my machine.  I noticed source for them on ftp.freebsd.org
> so I copied it over.  But they want a scsi.h, which is not in the
> include directory.  Where is it?

The "scsiformat" you found is from the 4.4Lite tape and has never
been (and probably will never be) ported, though a replacement
will be offered.

You need to go to 2.05 to get the "scsi" command.  If you have that
then I have a scsiformat script that uses it to format the
drive, though it does little more than

scsi -f /dev/rsd?.ctl "4 0 0 0 0 0"

I believe that if you get all of lib/libscsi and sbin/scsi
then you can build the scsi command on 2.0R.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936