Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:22:51 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: sysutils/aaccli

--Apple-Mail-22--398934407
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

On Dec 15, 2005, at 1:16 PM, Joachim Str=F6mbergson wrote:

> I'm trying to use the port of Adaptec scsi management programs on a =20=

> FreeBSD 6.x system. But the ports fails since the port tries to =20
> create device nodes using MAKEDEV, a feature since long gone in =20
> FreeBSD, replaced by devfs.

I have it installed on a 5.4 system with devfs.  I don't recall any =20
problems making nor installing it and have no notes on doing anything =20=

special.

I do recall that to install it on an AMD64 system I had to un-teach =20
it that it was an i386 port only and ensure I had i386 and freebsd =20
4.x compatibilty in my kernel.=

--Apple-Mail-22--398934407--