Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:09:46 +0100
From:      "Danny Pansters" <danny@ricin.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: +rtfree: 0xffffff0003635780 has 1 refs

On Monday 17 March 2008 20:55:01 Stefan Lambrev wrote:
> Greetings Dave,
>
> Dave Overton wrote:
> > I am new to the AMD64 stable branch, so forgive me if this has been beat
> > to death, but I can't find why this message keeps occurring over and over
> > all day.  FreeBSD 7.0 Stable on AMD x2.  It works (or seems to) fine.
> >
> > +rtfree: 0xffffff0003635780 has 1 refs
>
> check google for rtfree() used when RTFREE() needed .. or something like
> this :)
> Those messages are annoying but harmless.

Harmless perhaps, but it still should be fixed, so if you don't see any
similar PR already I'd suggest sending one.

Has to do with certain variables being of one type but used as if it were
another (e.g. int vs long) which on 64bit platforms as a band-aid
gets "MSB-filled" with 0xf's to the proper size. So such warning pretty much
means "fix your code".

HTH,

Dan