Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 12:19:13 +0100
From:      Axel Gruner <axel.gruner@suedfactoring.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Jail setup with FreeBSD 5.0

Hi.

I am trying to setup a jail in FreeBSD 5.0 RC2.
I found out to use "mount -t devfs / $D/dev" instead of "cd %D/dev; sh
MAKEDEV jail". So, i configured my jail a bit, and wanted to start it
with the command:"jail /jail/ssh testhome 192.168.0.201 /bin/sh /etc/rc"
But the jail is not starting, here the output:

hw.bus.devctl_disable: 1 -> 1
Entropy harvesting:sysctl: kern.random.sys.harvest.interrupt: Operation
not perm itted
 interruptssysctl: kern.random.sys.harvest.ethernet: Operation not
permitted ethernetsysctl: kern.random.sys.harvest.point_to_point:
Operation not permitted point_to_point.
Fast boot: skipping disk checks.
mount: /: unknown special file or file system
adjkerntz[76259]: sysctl(put_wallclock): Operation not permitted
Doing initial network setup:.
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCDIFADDR): permission denied
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
Additional routing options:.
Mounting NFS file systems:.
ELF ldconfig path: /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat
a.out ldconfig path: /usr/lib/aout /usr/lib/compat/aout
Starting local daemons:.
Updating motd.
Configuring syscons: keymap blanktime.
Initial i386 initialization:.
Additional ABI support:.
Local package initialization:.
Additional TCP options:.
ln: vga: Operation not permitted
Starting cron.
Starting background file system checks.
Mon Dec 23 12:19:27 CET 2002

So after that i mounted also "procfs" (like it is told in jail manpage).
Same result.

So, how different is it to setup up a jail in FreeBSD 5 compared to
FreeBSD 4.x? Or, where is my mistake?

Thanks in advance.