Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 22:20:33 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Jukka Simila <sjuke@saunalahti.fi>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gimp problem

I am trying to install gimp 1.1.3 from ports (on freebsd 2.2.6), and I'm having
this kind of problem:
Gimp compiled and installed fine, but when I try to run it it gives me an error
message for every plug-in:

-start-
[22:12] /home/sjuke> gimp
Message: Passed serialization test

** WARNING **: wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)
ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "__nl_msg_cat_cntr" in
mpeg:/usr/local/lib/libgimp.so.3.0

** WARNING **: wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)
ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "__nl_msg_cat_cntr" in
png:/usr/local/lib/libgimp.so.3.0

** WARNING **: wire_read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)
ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "__nl_msg_cat_cntr" in
tiff:/usr/local/lib/libgimp.so.3.0

-cut-
etc.
Then gimp starts, but I can't use any but XFC file extension, and script-fu
and plug-ins are unavailable, they don't even exist in menus.

I tried to search from gimp FAQ, no explanation there, and -questions archive,
there was a similar error(message) for gimp-1.1.2, but only answer that there
was , was suggesting that one should use port. I fetched gimp from ports, so is
there a solution for me?

I hope there is