Date:      Tue, 7 May 1996 12:38:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Pat Barron <pat@transarc.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone working on ATM support?

If anyone is working on ATM on FreeBSD, could you drop me a note?  I'd
be interested in hearing about what vendor's interfaces you're working
with, what you plan to do about signalling, etc....

If I could come up with the cards and technical info, I'd been thinking
about trying to work with the ATML VL1000 card (since it's an ISA bus
card - I'd be more interested in using the new FORE Systems cards, but
they're PCI bus, and I don't have a machine I could put one in ....).
The people at ATML tell me they have a Linux driver for their card.

I'm also interested in implementing "Serial Line ATM", so as to be
able to work on the upper levels of the software without having any
actual ATM interfaces available.

Anyone else doing anything like this?  Let me know!

--Pat.