Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:06:52 +0100
From:      Rasmus Kaj <rasmus@kaj.a.se>
To:        veldy@visi.com
Cc:        rasmus@kaj.a.se
Subject:   Re: Mount NFS problem?  Am I doing something wrong?

 TTV> I am trying to NFS mount various slices on my FreeBSD systesm.
 TTV> They all fail.  One machine is running 2.2.8-RELEASE and the
 TTV> other is running 3.0-STABLE (19990125).  Both machines are set
 TTV> up [in /etc/rc.conf] to run as both an NFS client and server.
 TTV> Here is what I tried:

 [ mount commands (that seem Ok to me) not quoted ]

 TTV> I get the following error:

 TTV> "NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered"

 TTV> What am I missing, some port or something?  I have looked at all
 TTV> the documentation I can find, and nothing that indicates a
 TTV> dependency on a port.  Also, mount has no manpage.

You should be running the portmapper service. In /etc/rc.conf, you
should set portmap_enable to YES. If it is, which are your
nfs_client_flags and nfs_server_flags (in the same file)? How does
your /etc/export look (but if that's the error, you should have got
another message)?

--
Rasmus Kaj ---------------- rasmus@kaj.a.se - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
 \  If you think I'm talking about the future you're living in the past