Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 2000 21:38:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Marc Schneiders (marc@bijt.net)" <marc@abunde.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP and SIGSGV 11

I have no luck getting jdk 1.1.8 plus swing (jfc) running on either of
my two Dual Pentium Pro boxes. They are running 4.1 stable (of 19
July) and 5.0 current (of 27 July).

No matter what I run, it dies with

SIGSEGV 11 Segmentation violation

Is this SMP related? The stuff I tried is command line, not X. So I
would think it is not the "setenv DISPLAY" that might solve it
according to some messages long way back to this list.

I've searched the archives and found nothing but another question like
mine with no replies... Too stupid?

Any suggestion where to look? Something I might understand? I am not a
coder. I want to *run* java stuff (to wit freenet,
http://freenet.sourceforge.net), not write it :-).

Please, cc me, as I am not yet subscribed to this list.
--
Marc Schneiders ------- Venster - http://www.venster.nl
 marc@venster.nl - marc@bijt.net - marc@schneiders.org