Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 1999 05:52:02 -0500
From:      Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>
To:        Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@ethereal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird crontab/script problem

In message <19990407013721.A15530@ethereal.net>, Jamie Norwood wrote:
}
} OK, I have a script I have written to send out some pings and record the
} results. When I run it by hand, it works fine. When I put it in a crontab, it
} never does anything.
}
} The script is simple and is as follows:
}
} ---
} #/usr/local/bin/tcsh

Is that a typo?  You probably mean "#!"

} ping -c 100 208.166.54.1 > /tmp/ping.`date +%m.%d.%H.%M`

Try using the full path to ping, or setting the search path in your script.

--
   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@pobox.com