Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 1998 20:50:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Faried Nawaz <fn@Hungry.COM>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fyi.

I forwarded Amancio's message to rle, and received:

Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 16:26:40 -0800
To: Faried Nawaz <fn@Hungry.COM>
From: "rebecca l. eisenberg" <mars@bossanova.com>

Hey thanks for forwarding this, Faried!

I'm not sure what Amancio is saying ... is he saying that FreeBSD is much
worse than I suggested?  (I do like the "man, lean critical" line, though.)

I would _love_ to write about FreeBSD, in particular because I love the
notion of user-improved freely distributed software.  Sadly, I know so
little about FreeBSD beyond what I hear on fnet/icb.

I would greatly appreciate your passing on to the mailing list that I would
love to hear comments, complaints, ideas, rants, corrections and/or column
ideas of any nature.   As they say, a journalist is only as good as her
sources.

Thanks so much, and I hope you are well.

All my best,
rle

At 4:12 PM -0800 3/8/98, Faried Nawaz wrote:
>From: hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
>Subject: FreeBSD in the Press
>Newsgroups: lists.freebsd.chat
>Date: 8 Mar 1998 11:25:33 -0800
>

>The Sunday edition, March 8, 1998, of the San Francisco Examiner
>Newspaper's Business section has a nice article on Microsoft .
>"The same top executives already monopolize the media with their PR-generated,
>carefully scripted pap. And while they spew about customer-driven product
>choices that are based on price and quality, one wonders if these executives
>have ever tried to keep an NT box from crashing or they have ever tried
>superior operating systems like FreeBSD, OS/2 and Linux."
>
>Perhaps someone should send a nice article about FreeBSD to
>Rebecca L. Eisenberg , mars@well.com. She appears to be a mean, lean
>critical journalist.
>
>	Have Fun,
>	Amancio

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-chat" in the body of the message

	"It's a lizard.  Next, please!"
	 ..... another dissatisfied customer in SkinkTown

http://www.bossanova.com/rebeca/clips
      .  r e b e c c a . l y n n . e i s e n b e r g .

			mars@well.com, mars@bossanova.com