Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:53:28 +1100
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        Mike Morgan <mikemorgan@hfnweb.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: opengl for freebsd

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 01:12:05PM -0700, Mike Morgan wrote:

> Is there a OpenGl plugin that i can use with FBSD?  I have a Viper 770 ultra
> (32 MB ram) card that supports opengl in my windows box and i have the same
> card in my fbsd box too.

Mesa is the only OpenGL package I'm familiar with, there may be
others. I don't know if your card will work with it.

> Also, what type of mpeg, quicktime, or Flash support does Freebsd
have?

FreeBSD has mpeg software in the ports. I think a Linux Quicktime player
is out or on the way; it should work under FreeBSD. I don't know of
any way of doing Flash.

The ports collection is usually the best place to start looking for this
kind of stuff:

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will
to find out, which is the exact opposite."
- Bertrand Russell