Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 2020 11:22:01 -0800
From:      Chris <portmaster@bsdforge.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What's the procedure to rename a port?

I maintain a port where the original author is now gone.
I intend to take over maintenance, and make some additions/
improvements.
it's devel/tkcvs -- a GUI for cvs/svn management. But it's
*really* an RCS management utility, and as I am also adding
GIT support. I feel it's name, and as a result, it's potential
popularity. Would better expressed as: tkrcs.
How to proceed, where the ports infrastructure is concerned?

Thanks!

--Chris