Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:31:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   bpf lock order reversal

Just had this lock order reversal on a late-november kernel. Haven't seen
it mentioned before.

Dec 16 19:07:15 epsilon kernel: rl0: promiscuous mode enabled
Dec 16 19:07:15 epsilon kernel: lock order reversal
Dec 16 19:07:15 epsilon kernel: 1st 0xc0429cc0 bpf global lock (bpf global lock) @ /usr/src/sys/net/bpf.c:375
Dec 16 19:07:15 epsilon kernel: 2nd 0xc296b9c4 rl0 (network driver) @ /usr/src/sys/pci/if_rl.c:1753
Dec 16 19:07:15 epsilon kernel: rl0: promiscuous mode disabled

Is there any way I can set my machine to drop to debugger on any lock
order reversal _other_ than sound-related LOR's? I realise these reversals
are not as useful without a traceback, but as I use thismachine for
playing audio....

Gavin