Date:      Fri, 01 May 1998 10:50:12 -0500
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley585.res.iastate.edu>
To:        Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org>
Cc:        Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: NetBSD network code improvements

>On Fri, May 01, 1998 at 10:12:21AM +0200, Philippe Regnauld wrote:
>> 	FYI -- how much of this do we have, BTW ?
>> 	I'm particularly ogling towards the IP fast-forwarding stuff.
>
>I support that -- My personal favorite is the zero-copy stuff :-)
>I haven't looked at their code, but as their code base is fairly close
>to ours, a lot of their changes would probably not be very difficult to
>integrate in -current.

I agree, although it would be somewhat more difficult to weed out the
changes from their source as we do not have CVS access.  There are
actually a significant number of other changes that they have made
that are not mentioned as well that would be nice to have.

In fact it may almost be easier to take their code wholesale, and
integrate our changes. ;)

Chris