Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:28:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Justin Boss <jlboss@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pw and samba

I use FreeBSD 4.4 with Samba. I'm trying to get the
'add user script' working so it will add workstation
trust account. Workstation trust account end with a $
( workstation$ ) but pw gives me a invalid character
'$'. Currently my add user script looks like this 'pw
useradd -n %m$ -g staff -s /sbin/nologin -c %m -d /'
%m is the value of the name of the workstation that is
passed by Samba. What I was thinking needs to be done
is have pw except the $ as a valid character. Is there
another way?

thanks