Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:55:32 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        <tom.chappell@industryfigure.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Sun & FreeBSD?

> > Is there a way that we can work together so that we can port java
> > components like: JMF, Java 3D API, Java Plug-In, JWS's native debugger
> > library, etc...
> Not that I'm complaining or anything, but why don't you hold off worrying
> about those other technologies until you've got your current Java port
> solid?

I don't know, I'm pretty happy with the current state of the port.  I
and many other use it for *real* paid work.  Yes, I know of bugs in it,
but I also know of bugs in my code as well.

That doesn't mean I'm not willing to keep looking at fixing them, but
the known bugs in the current port occur rarely, and are no worse than
the known bugs in all JDK ports.

Nate