Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 01:33:06 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Langa Kentane <evablunted@earthling.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: majordomo installation woes [newbie]

Langa Kentane wrote:

> Hi y'all
>
> I am stuck with a majordomo installation coz of my own stupidity.  Can you
> please help me.
>
> I am currently trying to editing the makefile

	You don't need to do this. There is a freebsd port of majordomo that does
all the right things for you. You should definitely learn how to use the
ports system.

> Also, I have noticed that in the make file, every single line ends with an
> M.  Is this OK or could it be caused by the fact that I extracted the files
> in windoze and the ftp'd them to my server.

	Yes, that would be why. Don't do that either. :) The port will download
the whole package and do the editing for you. You should also become
familiar with the unix editing tools so that you don't have to swap things
back and forth. Alternatively, if you're going to edit things on your
windows box use an editor like UltraEdit that allows you to set Unix mode
for your files so you don't spam them with ^M's.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"My mama told me, my mama said, 'don't cry.' She said, 'you're too young a
man

    - John Belushi as "Joliet" Jake Blues, "I Don't Know"