Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:22:14 +0200
From:      "Thomas Widlundh" <tw@ettnet.se>
To:        "freeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XF86Config - mouse

Hi ,
I have had a very troublesome time to get X to work (4.1.0)
At last I got X to start with Kde (2.1.1.) and all looked smooth.
But my mouse went crazy and the pointer put itself at the edge of the
screen, completely
unusable. When I touch the mouse, the only thing that happens is a
popping up menu trembling like
crazy.

My mouse is a two button and one wheel PS/2. Just a plain ordinary
mouse.
The appropiate sections of my XF86Config look like this:

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier    "XFree86 Configured"
Screen 0    "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier    "Mouse0"
Driver        "mouse"
Option        "Protocol" "PS/2"
Option         "Device" "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

Iv'e tried with "Protocol" "Microsoft" as well, but that didn't work
eihter.
Perhaps something wrong with the "/dev/mouse"?
My Intl keyboard doesn't seem to work either, but I start with the
mouseproblem for now....
Anybody have a tip on this?
Thanks,
Thomas