Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:54:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jesse Walters <jwalt@mwci.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ed0 error

I am getting a  "/kernel: ed0: device timeout" on my console, I think the
ethernet card is working fine I am able to configure it ok with ifconfig.
Dmesg shows that it has been configed on irq10 and it also finds the mac
address.  Yet even bofore it gets through the boot, it says ed0 device
timeout.  Could this be from a misconfigured network or is this hardware
related?  Thanks in advance.