Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:40:22 +0100
From:      Marcus von Appen <mva@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [SDL-1.2.14] Build fails on the libvlg checking

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU

On, Sun Jan 31, 2010, David Marec wrote:

> Le dimanche 31 janvier 2010 14:27:19, Marcus von Appen a =C3=A9crit :
>=20
> > /usr/lib/libvgl.* should not be available on RELENG_8, amd64 - instead
> > it should reside in /usr/lib32 only. Did you upgrade from i386 to amd64
> > or did you manually link the libvgl.* to /usr/lib?
>=20
> Neither of them.
>=20
> The system is amd64 from the begining.
>=20
>=20
> > If so, please remove them or run make config and disable the VGL knob
> > (or add 'WITHOUT_VGL=3Dtrue' to the make invocation).
>=20
> That s what i did.

And it still does not work for you?

> But, if, for example, svgalib is tagged "i386 only", svgl is not.

If I manually link libvgl.* from /usr/lib32 to /usr/lib and rebuild SDL
with VGL enabled, anything links properly. I am not sure, what's wrong
on your side. If it still fails for you after disabling the VGL knob,
could you please send me the config.log from
/usr/ports/devel/sdl12/work/SDL-1.2.14 as well as the tee'd output from
your make invocation:

     make | tee sdlbuild.log
=20
> btw, should i remove these libs ?

I do not recommend to do that manually. Which shared library versions of
libvgl are installed (output of find /usr/lib -name "*vgl*") on your
side?
Did you ever run make delete-old or make delete-old-libs after updating
the system?

Regards
Marcus

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU