Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 00:05:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        "Robert E. Lee" <rel@integratus.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Doug Barton wrote:

> "Robert E. Lee" wrote:
> >
> > I recently did a cvsup with the 4.x src (RELENG_4), which works with no
> > problems.  However, when attempting a 'make buildworld' I see this error
> > message (after several minutes of compiling):
> > /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/chap_ms.c:29: openssl/des.h: No such file or
> > directory
> > mkdep: compile failed
> >
> > Has anyone else seen/heard of this issue?
>
> 	Yes. If you don't have the crypto sources (and it seems you do not) you
> need to specify NO_OPENSSL and NO_OPENSSH in your make.conf file.

Actually you shouldn't need this - I've got one fix I forgot to MFC which
I'll be committing shortly, but it's for tcpdump, not ppp :) Can you tell
me more about your setup - do you in fact have the crypto/ and secure/
source directories, and are you building world with any flags
(e.g. -DNOCRYPT)?

Kris

----