Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 08:25:03 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Edwin Groothuis" <edwin@mavetju.org>, "David Loszewski" <stealth215@mediaone.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: denying webserver access??

You can use deny and allow directives for specific directories right in the
httpd.conf file, and also in .htaccess files in your document directories.  You
generally only need one .htaccess file, if you use that, as a single file will
apply to the directory in which it appears and to all subordinate directories
that do not contain .htaccess files of their own.