Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:02:21 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Torbjorn Granlund <tege@swox.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Suggestion for FAQ

--==_Exmh_-573423661P

If memory serves me right, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:

> That -stable supports SMP Athlon is great news!  Since the load of the
> system is coarse-grained, current SMP should be perfectly adequate.
>
> Yes, it really ought to be mentioned, and the kernel source (some
> *apic*.h file) should perhaps also mention that Athlon systems will
> work.  Its current wording sound like it excludes Athlon.

If this is to be mentioned in the release documentation (and this
probably is a good idea), it should go in the hardware list.
Specifically:

src/release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/hardware/i386/proc-i386.sgml

The current text is pretty vague, it could use some fleshing out.  I
admit to being pretty clueless about non-Intel processors, so I'm
probably the wrong person to try to do this.  But I'd be happy to
handle markup and proofreading for any text anyone would like to toss
my way.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-573423661P

--==_Exmh_-573423661P--