Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 13:39:08 +0300
From:      Igor Robul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for PPC ?

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:04:15PM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Now, a 68k port that ran on older LC's would be a wonderful
> thing - as you could get some use out of those boxes.  Also
Big problem with old 68k hardware is FPU. I, for example, recently
bought PowerBook 520c, which has 68LC040 and 12Mb RAM. And I can't run
NetBSD on it because LC040 does not have FPU, and emulator in NetBSD
is not ready, and even in Linux68k it is not ready :-(  and I don't
have 68k on which I can _try_ help :-(
Latest non-x86 platform I have used was Russian CM4 (something like
earlier DEC PDP-11) and I like performance of 68LC040 @ 25MHz compared
for example to 486SX @ 33MHz or even 486DX @ 66MHz (of course 486DX
has FPU)

--