Date:      Sat, 4 Jul 2020 10:30:13 -0400
From:      Carmel <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating py27-* ports

--Sig_/y5qyEKM+d6TpS/CJ=og+C+d

On Sat, 4 Jul 2020 16:11:29 +0200, Kurt Jaeger stated:
>Hi!
>
>> I use 'poudriere' to maintain my ports. I still have a few ports that
>> depend on the depreciated py27. What is the recommended method to
>> update these ports? I was thinking of placing this in the
>> "poudriere.d/make.conf" file:
>>=20
>> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dpython=3D3.7
>> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dpython2=3D3.7
>> DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=3Dpython3=3D3.7
>>=20
>> and then rebuild all of my ports. Would that be sufficient, or even
>> correct? =20
>
>I used this in poudriere:
>
>DEFAULT_VERSIONS=3Dpython=3D3.7 python3=3D3.7
>
>So I did not use python2=3D3.7 -- which will probably not work.
>
>That worked good enough that I did not investigate any further.

I see that you are putting it all on one line. That is probably easier.
I like the separate entries technique simply because I find it easier
to read myself or quickly comment out an entry.

What I have never been able to get a definitive answer to is exactly
what the "+" does or if it is even needed, I have seen
'default_versions" both with and without it.

Thanks!

--=20
Carmel

--Sig_/y5qyEKM+d6TpS/CJ=og+C+d