Date:      Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:51:52 -0500
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Florian Smeets <flo@freebsd.org>
Cc:        gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New nss and firefox

On 28.12.2011 03:16, Florian Smeets wrote:
> The ports slush is still not completley lifted. We are still in a
> partial ports thaw.
Well, the update right now will not even touch anything "major" --
firefox builds with its own. And the new version is completely compatible.
> What is it that you need so urgently? We could update only the
> certdata.txt in security/ca_root_nss, but there should really be a good
> reason for it.
Ideally, all ports would be up-to-date with the upstream releases. The
closer to ideal the better, is not it? :)

In this particular case, the latest nss is required for firefox to build
with "system nss" -- something we must go back to doing ASAP in my
strongly-held opinion.

Yours,

    -mi