Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 18:15:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt of the Long Red Hair <mattp@conundrum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building cd devices

I seem to be having some trouble creating the necessary devices to access my
CD-R, which is sitting on cd1 on my FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE machine.  When I run
`./MAKEDEV cd1` in /dev, all that appears to be created is /dev/cd1c, which
doesn't seem to be enough.

Anyone have any suggestions for creating the rest of the devices?