Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:34:47 -0700
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Dual Booting Win98 and FreeBSD 2 sep. HDs

Tuesday, February 08, 2000 12:12 AM Doug Young wrote:

[snip]
>Secondly, the ppp issue. I had most of the typical newbie problems
>with it until I discovered the atached script which got me online with
>very little trouble other than a minor bit of editing the ppp.conf file.
>Hopefully you are taking the easier route here by running user-ppp instead
>of the (reportedly) more complicated kernel-ppp. I've yet to have
>significant problems with any machine where I've used the script, but in
>case you do there's a resident user-ppp guru by the name of Brian Somers
>lurking around here someplace who can undoubtedly help resolve any
>residual user-ppp issues. I've never been able to contact the author of
>the script but I'd gladly buy him a beer or three if he ever visits
>Brisbane Australia :)

Thanks and ``amen'' to the beer -- you only get 2 though -- for having taken so
bloody long to post this jewel ;^). If I ever get down your way, or if you come
up for the Calgary Stampede(Canada), they're on me. We need about a dozen more
of these types of scripts to set all the other stuff up, then look out! Where
can this script be left so that it's front-and-center for all us newbies?

-duke