Date:      Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:17:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Andriy Korud <akorud@polynet.lviv.ua>
Cc:        Dominik Lupinski <dmkl@op.pl>
Subject:   Re: Changing TOS of forwarded packets?

here's a suggestion..
I have not done this but it might work:

use ipfw to send sessions that match to a divert socket at port X.

use netgraph ng_ksocket to connect to the divert port you selected
above.

Use a variant of the node given to hack the TOC value..
(he's looking at ethernet packets where you would be looking at IP
packets so it won't work directly).  Hmmm having fiddled the packets
we'd need to reinject them to a socket..  we could reinject them to teh
same socket (we'd need to use a 'tee' node as follows:

[divert]<--->[ksocket]<---->[tee]---->[hack]----\

OR
you could open another divert ksocket

[divert]<--->[ksocket]<---->[tee]---->[hack]---->[ksocket]-->[divert]

(the divert socket will always feed back into the IP stack.)