Date:      Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:31:52 -0800
From:      John Andersen <jsa@pen.homeip.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mark suggests: Put /floppies/MAKE1440.BAT on CD #1

On Saturday 20 April 2002 08:34 am, Mark Filipak wrote:
> There is *easy* and there is *friendly*. The people here are friendly.
> UNIX will not be easy. But can't it at least be friendly?

It sets out to be powerfull, secure, robust, and dependable.
Easy and friendly, if they exist at all are afterthoughts.

I agree that if your VCR is still blinking midnight you have
no business in FreeBSD or even Linux.  You won't be happy
there, so why go there.

That being said I found it trivial to install just reading the
web page. (Is this RTFWP perhaps?).

And it took the little wimpy p166 amost 18 hours to build
KDE2, but it did it all unattended.  Whats easier than that?