Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2011 16:36:50 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org, Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>, hselasky@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: More webcamd dvb remote hacks - lirc port update for testing

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 10:35:53AM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 06/02/2011, at 10:01, Juergen Lock wrote:
> > As I discovered a little while ago our lirc port is too old to
> > handle the /dev/lirc0 device I patched webcamd to enable so I tried
> > updating it:
> >
> > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/lirc/lirc-0.9.0p1.patch
> >
> > I have Cc'd the lirc port maintainer, do you think an update like
> > this could go in?  I probably could also enable the ftdi support
> > because we have devel/libftdi too, but I cannot test it.
>
> I don't have any LIRC hardware anymore, so if you are actively using it you can take maintainership.

Hmm ok, if noone else steps up...  The only `lirc hardware' I have
are some usb dvb tuners and this `Hootoo' usb mediacenter remote,
and the latter I couldn't get to work properly with lirc because
of the way it handles repeat (i.e. it doesn't, it returns the code
at button press and a zero at button release and I didn't find an
easy way to make lirc behave with a device acting like that.  I did
get that remote to work with the vdr remote plugin tho, only some
buttons don't seem to return anything.)

 Thanx,
	Juergen