Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:25:05 -0700
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@checker.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   shujit port

A port for the shujit compiler is available at
http://members.home.net/jburkhol/shujit.tar

It requires the elf jdk1.1.7, but could probably be made to
work with other versions.  Please let me know if it works for you...
I've only been able to test it with 4.0-CURRENT.

to test it do:

>echo "class test{public static void main(String[] argv){}}" > test.java
>javac test.java
>java -Djava.compiler=shujit test
and you should see:
  shuJIT  for Sun JVM/IA-32  Copyright 1998,1999 by SHUDO Kazuyuki

See http://www.shudo.net/jit/usage.html.

Its the first port I've ever done, I didn't want to send-pr it right
away.  Any corrections/suggestions for the Makefile etc. are appreciated.
I also have a port of JLex I was thinking of submitting, and I'll do the
tya JIT if I can get it to work.

is devel the right category?

Thanks,  Jake
--
we are but packets in the internet of life